About the position
Join Signicat Trondheim at the start of its DevOps journey and help defining the practices that will guarantee the operational stability our customers look for.
You will discover that we have plenty of experience to share when it comes to classical operational practices - focus on customer from the operational side of things is high.
You will also see that we have a lot of automation already in place to grow a new operational function focusing on automation. CI/CD, terraform and Kubernetes are things you will encounter at Signicat.
DevOps will be defined around SRE practices and we are looking for both staff with operational experience and a passion for automation as well as for developers interested in deployment and operational questions. SREs will be in contact with our products through collaboration with feature teams, helping them better deliver and operate their systems on our cloud infrastructure.
Does that sound interesting? Contact us!
Signicat is a Digital Identity Service Provider (DISP) and is one of the leading providers of electronic ID and signature solutions.
Signicat has more than 230 employees at offices in Trondheim (headquarters), Oslo, Bergen, Copenhagen, Helsinki, Stockholm, Rotterdam, Munich, London, Lisbon and Bucharest. Our focus is security and professionalism, and we are constantly working to improve our product and ourselves. If you want to be part of our highly talented, professional and creative team then we want to hear from you!
We are looking for persons with a software engineer mindset — people enjoying puzzle solving.
But unlike feature team developers your passion should be for operational problems, not customer facing functionality. You will help feature teams both when they design their systems, making sure they have good operational properties (e.g. observability), and when they release them by implementing reliable deployment pipelines. Being a good team player and collaborator will therefore be important.
Finally you need to have strong customer focus as you role is all about guaranteeing that they have a great experience of our services! You will make sure the feature teams also have this focus, for example by promoting good incident management routines, training them in monitoring or tip them about abnormal behavior of their systems in production.
- You have 5+ years work experience in technical roles
- You have experience as DevOps
- You have experience with CI/CD tools like Jenkins and gitlab.
- You have experience with Kubernetes/Containers.
- You have experience with managing systems in production
- You like automation and coding away repetitive tasks
- You are used to collaborate with feature teams
- You are a team player and like collaboration
- You think operational excellence is the holy grail!
- You have experience as SRE
- You have experience with Terraform or other IaC tools
- You have experience with AWS/Azure/Google cloud.
- You have experience with OpenStack
- Nice office location in central Trondheim. We’ve got a very relaxed working environment. No dress code, no business cards unless you really want one.
- This is an opportunity to create a define “DevOps” in our company, first in one location but possibly in others if the model proves out to be successful.
- You will become a part of a passionate technological environment within an international company which is growing fast across Europe. There may be travel and other international opportunities for the right person, if you’d like that.
- You’ll have the opportunity to affect your own office environment, and you’ll be working with other passionate employees building great stuff to power Signicat’s international expansion.
- Family-friendly and flexible
- Insurance and pension plan
- Employee social activities (music, sports, board games)
Contact us if you are currently living in Oslo or Bergen, don't plan to move to Trondheim but have interest in this position - we can be flexible if you are the right candidate for the job! Do nevertheless note that remote working from outside Norway is not possible at the moment.
Please use the application-link, upload your CV and write some words about why you may be interested in working with us.