About the position
Signicat has a long history when it comes to focus on operational excellence - we have manual routines and processes in place that have served our customers needs in production for over a decade now.
We nevertheless need to begin building a new agile and automated form of operational excellence as we transit to more and more cloud based infrastructure: we want experienced and engaged Site Reliability Engineers / DevOps to join us and collaborate towards establishing what will become our next generation operational model. We will be interative in how we establish this new function and want our first step to be the recruiting of an experienced team lead.
You will be joining us at the start of our journey towards establishing our DevOps model; a model we plan to build around SRE practices. You will discover that we have plenty of experience to share when it comes to classical operational practices but will also see that we have a lot of automation already in place to grow a new operational function focusing on automation. CI tooling, Infrastructure as Code and Kubernetes all are technologies you will encounter at Signicat.
As SRE lead you will help us build a team of developers passionate about operational work and help our feature teams better deliver and operate their systems on cloud infrastructures. Your role will both be one of a lead for the other SREs and of a collaborator to the feature teams you will be working with.
Signicat is a Digital Identity Service Provider (DISP) and is one of the leading providers of electronic ID and signature solutions.
Signicat has more than 230 employees at offices in Trondheim (headquarters), Oslo, Bergen, Copenhagen, Helsinki, Stockholm, Rotterdam, Munich, London, Lisbon and Bucharest. Our focus is security and professionalism, and we are constantly working to improve our product and ourselves. If you want to be part of our highly talented, professional and creative team then we want to hear from you!
It is said that "Site Reliability Engineering (SRE), as it has come to be generally defined at Google, is what happens when you ask a software engineer to solve an operational problem" and it surely says a lot about what we also will expect from you.
You must have a software engineer mindset — be able to design and implement solutions to problems, know your tools well (coding, scripting, testing) and be a good team player.
Unlike feature team developers your passion should be for operational problems, not functional ones though. You will help feature teams developers both when they design their systems, making sure they have good operational properties (i.e. non-functional requirements such as observability), and when they release them by implementing reliable and resilient deployment pipelines.
We expect you to have good soft skills as you will be responsible of creating the SRE function, advocating for operational focus, sharing best practices with other employees and creating a blameless operational culture.
Finally we expect you to always keep our customers in mind: your role is all about guaranteeing that they have a great experience of our services.
- You have 5-10 years work experience in technical roles
- You have 4+ years of experience as DevOps (or even better SRE)
- You have experience as technical leader
- You have experience with on-call responsibilities and incident management
- You have experience with CI/CD tools like Jenkins and gitlab.
- You know how to implement good continuous deployments pipelines
- You have experience with Kubernetes/Containers.
- You have used various observability systems (logs, metrics and tracing)
- You eliminate toil with automation whenever possible
- You are used to collaborate with feature teams
- You are used to working in teams of 3-10 individuals
- You are familiar with scrum and kanban
- You have a focus on security
- You are a team player
- You like helping people out
- You are open minded and value collaboration
- You think coding and developing software is fun
- You are a puzzle solver
- You think operational excellence is the holy grail!
- You have 2+ years of experience as SRE
- You have experience with terraform
- You have experience with AWS/Azure/Google cloud.
- You have experience with OpenStack
- Nice office location in central Trondheim. We’ve got a very relaxed working environment. No dress code, no business cards unless you really want one.
- This is an opportunity to create a define “DevOps” in our company, first in one location but possibly in others if the model proves out to be successful.
- You will become a part of a passionate technological environment within an international company which is growing fast across Europe. There may be travel and other international opportunities for the right person, if you’d like that.
- You’ll have the opportunity to affect your own office environment, and you’ll be working with other passionate employees building great stuff to power Signicat’s international expansion.
- Family-friendly and flexible
- Insurance and pension plan
- Employee social activities (music, sports, board games)
- For international moves to Norway, immigration assistance and relocation services provided
Please use the application-link, upload your CV and write some words about why you may be interested in working with us.