Signicat is a pioneering, pan-European digital identity company with a unrivalled track record in the world’s most advanced digital identity markets. Its digital identity platform incorporates the most extensive suite of identity verification and authentication systems in the world, all accessible through a single integration point. The platform supports the full identity journey, from recognition and on-boarding, through login and consent, to making business agreements which stand the test of time.
We are a fast-growing company that has a track record of success as one of the most complete providers of electronic identification services for the Nordic and European markets. While enjoying continued growth we have kept the best of our ‘startup’ ethos, encouraging creativity, initiative and independence to get things done. We value the well-being of each employee, and we all work together to create a supportive and inspiring work environment.
We are looking to strengthening our payroll team with a Payroll specialist.
As an international company we need insight into the legislation in all countries we operate in, and make sure that we are following the regulations in each country, for all employees. Our internal payroll office is ultimately responsible for this and help with providing support to managers and employees on these matters. For local subject matter expertise we work closely with our payroll providers and leaning on them for advice and country standards.
Our current payroll team consists of a Payroll lead and a payroll consultant. We would like to permanently hire a payroll specialist to replace our consultant. This role will report to our Payroll lead, Camilla Sjoholt.
As a our payroll specialist, your role will be key in ensuring a world class employee experience regarding all matters related to payroll, time and expense reporting. You will be essential in communicating with all our payroll providers for the purpose of ensuring all monthly payroll runs in each country. You will be working on several payroll runs simultaneously, navigating through the legislation on tax deduction, social security and vacation earnings among many exciting subjects, and if you are the right person, you will be loving every second of it.
In order to be successful in this role you will have to genuinely enjoy the process of constantly acquiring new information about the legislation, payroll routines and customs and culture in all European countries where Signicat is currently operating and in the countries where we will establish operations in the future.
- Work closely with external payroll providers in Europe to ensure payroll is processed on time, accurately and compliant with local regulations and laws.
- Prepare and review monthly payroll for all legal entities
- Oversee processing of payroll changes (e.g., new hires, terminations, raises and other benefits).
- Collaborate with the People & Culture team and accounting teams whenever necessary.
- Be our super user for and provide support on our time and expense reporting system
- Act as a service provider for our employees, answering payroll related questions
- Assist in automating our payroll processes in existing, and new, countries
- Participate in discussions, research, data collection and escalating relevant issues to Finance, Human resource and/or Payroll.
- 3-5 years of payroll experience from one, or several, countries in (preferably Eastern) Europe.
- Fluent in English, written and oral.
- Experience with social security and payroll taxes.
- Experience with global payroll
- Involvement in automation of payroll processes.
- Self-motivated and proactive ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong attention to details.
Signicat builds technology for people to trust each other in the digital world. Signicat is the leading provider of trusted digital identity across Europe. We are growing fast, so joining us means you will too. We connect businesses with their customers and users with digital services. But the greatest connections are the human ones that we have within Signicat, working with the brightest minds in our industry. We value the well-being of each employee and all work together to create a supportive and inspiring work environment. Signicat has several offices around Europe. We encourage creativity, initiative and independence to get things done. The digital space is our playground, and we are making it safer together, one day at a time.
For further information about Signicat, please visit www.signicat.com
What are we offering that it is unique?
- Dedicated time during working hours each week for training and development activities
- Dedication to your continuous development and growth through quarterly development talks
- Hybrid remote-onsite work model with great flexibility
- Strong purpose - we are building a trusted digital world, we make a real difference every day and every role in our organization counts!
- Culture driven organization with a strong organizational voice and ability to make an impact
- + traditional benefits package